Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting Started


This is my first blog. My interest in blogging is twofold. First I like the creative side of writing and secondly I believe keeping up with my administrative skills are important. In December of 2011 I became an unemployed executive administrator. The first year I was unemployed I was strictly focused on finding new employment but I was encouraged to be selective; “command the salary you deserve” which is easier said than done in a market flooded with eligible candidates. My resume received much attention and I was pleased with the number of companies which reached out to me; however after ten plus years of administration experience to offer it was hard to swallow the salary offers. Then on July 5th of 2011 I received the wonderful news that my son and his wife were expecting their first baby; my first grandchild. I knew at that moment I probably wouldn’t go back to work right away. So in the interim I have been working part time at my neighborhood gym solidifying customer service and sales skills which I didn’t really have in my background. Additionally I want to blog, twitter and participate in other social networking to beef up my skill-set so when I do go back to work full time I have a list of abilities I can add to my resume. Let the blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment